The RL7 features the very latest LED technology to enhance performance and reduce costs. The RL7 is Daniamants first alkaline solution for a liferaft. Being alkaline the product is not classed as dangerous goods and has no restrictions for transport. This reduces logistics and transportation costs worldwide and makes the product easier to ship. The RL7 comprises of just two items.
1) The External Light and Lead
2) The Internal Light and Battery
The Internal Light and Battery also powers the external light, a key part of increasing reliability and reducing costs. The two units are connected by a polarised sealed plug, for ease of service and replacement. The performance of course meets IMO SOLAS standards, is fully MED approved and also approved by the USCG.
External light and lead
The External Light is a flashing LED Light, offering advances in reliability and performance. The single LED light is mounted in a way to ensure a minimum light output of 4.3cd.
It is connected via a 65 cm lead to the internally mounted Interior Light and battery. This lead length can be varied subject to quantities required.
Internal light and battery
The sealed Interior Light is combined with the battery that powers the complete RL7 system. The RL7 is switched and controlled from this unit. Pulling the styled pull tag operates both the Interior and Exterior Lights. The interior light is a steady light. Both the internal and external lights can be separately switched to conserve battery power if required.
The RL7 is dated for 5 years from the date of manufacture and both the internal and external lights are replaced at the same time.
Note: To download OEM versions of these product certificates please contact the appropriate liferaft manufacturer.
- Major Benefits
- Min. standard (internal light): 0.5cd output
- Min. standard (external light): 4.3cd output
- Min. standard: 12 hour duration
- Alkaline technology
- Not hazardous for shipping
- Product Brochure
- Technical Data Sheet
- Installation and Maintenance Instructions
- Product Safety Data Sheet - English Version
- IP6X Dust Ingress Certificate
- IPX7 & IPX8 Water Ingress Certificate
- Product Approvals – UK Type Examination (Module B)
- Product Approvals – EC Type Examination (Module B) and USCG Certificate
- Product Approvals - Canada
Unit 3, The Admiral Park
Airport Service Road
Portsmouth, Hants, PO3 5RQ
Tel +44 23 9267 5100
Fax +44 23 9267 5101
VAT No.: GB 883 8286 69
Company No.: 05696973